Candace Campos <cvcamposmd@hotmail.
My daugher just received her Starband helmet yesterday and we were back in the office today as she had several areas of redness and two were especially concerning for potential skin breakdown. I have been on the internet searching for alternatives and came across something called a soft shell helmet. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 15:39:57 -0500
Subject: Re: [Plagio] Now what do I do? Band or not? (long)
our neurosurgeon told us he wouldnt band either and my sons assymetry was similiar (15, 15, and 17 mm). sorry I cants ay about results with other bands but CT has results older than your son on their site, I would band
On Jan 22, 2008 3:20 PM, nwilkens2275 <nwilkens2275@
Sorry for the repeat post for those of you on both plagio message
We just saw a craniofacial surgeon today for my son Jake, 16.5
months. After asking questions and examining him, the surgeon said
he would not band him, that there has been improvement (from his 4m
CT scan) and it will continue to improve over time. But then he
asked me what I wanted to do, and I said that I would band him
because at least I could say I tried (totally in tears too, of
course. So embarassing)
. So he went ahead and wrote the prescription
and said he would defer to the orthotic department on whether they
think it will be worth it or not. He was really nice, and I felt
like he took his time and really talked to us about it (A vast
improvement from my experience with a neurosurgeon a year ago).
So we went to the "brace shop" in the same hospital and spoke to two
orhtotists. They measured his assymetry to be 11/16 of an inch,
which they described as moderate (not sure what that comes out to in
. They both said they were willing to treat him but with
the realistic approach that we may not see a huge improvement due to
his age, if any at all. They use the StarBand. We have another
consultation at Cranial Tech in Charlotte on Thursday. My husband
doesn't think we should band, but he said it was up to me, because
he knows this has been bothering me so much, way more than him. And
of course, the surgeon today just validated his opinion (now my
husband can say TWO highly qualified pediatric surgeons have said he
doesn't need banded).
So now the weight of this decision is solely on me. What should I
do? Should we even go ahead with the banding? I worry whether it
will be worth it at this late stage, and I worry that either the
band/process itself and/or the debt we incur over it, could put a
wedge between my husband and I. He's not adamently opposed to it,
but it's obvious he doesn't think we should do it. My mom thinks I
should 100% go through with it. Should I make a decision based on
cost (one's in-network and one isn't) and proximity (35 minutes or 3
hours each way), if I'm not going to see huge results anyway? Or
shoudl I just forget the whole thing? Does anyone else have an
opinion? I'm open to them all! Thanks!
(mom to Jordan-4 today!, and Jake 16.5m)
ASK ME ABOUT GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!
Brandi SC SAHM to Emily, Rebecca, Sarah and Joey
"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing" Phyllis Diller
Shed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser! Learn more.
Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.
To unsubscribe from this group or to change your mailing options, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Plagiocephaly/ and click EDIT MY MEMBERSHIP.
*Please note that any advice/comments from this site do not necessarily voice the opinions of the group owner or moderators*
Earn your degree in as few as 2 years - Advance your career with an AS, BS, MS degree - College-Finder.net.